- As a pre-cleaner it is sprayed directly on the test surface.
- As a penetrant remover it is sprayed onto wiping media and then the penetrant wiped from the surface. The remover should not be sprayed directly on to the test surface to remove the excess penetrant as the sensitivity will be impaired.
- A cotton swab is moistened with R-504 and suspected indications are lightly wiped from the surface. The inspector can evaluate the indication by the rate of penetrant bleed back. The rapid drying of R-504 is ideal for this application as it does not blur the indication.
- The aerosol comes with a spray tube that facilitates pin point application which is ideal for cleaning the star indications on TAM panels.
- Contains flammable solvents and should not be used in confined spaces or near open flames or sparks.
R-504 is ideal for storing penetrant test panels in.